A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Thursday, February 21, 2008

Ahem...please disregard that last post

by Anne

Now, in the clear light of morning, I can more accurately compose my thoughts about last night's game (which was TOTALLY AWESOME, btw).

Ok, in all seriousness, the level of disgust and despair I felt all the way up to the 17:30 mark of the 3rd was really depressing. I genuinely hated the Sabres at that moment. It made me sad. I wanted so badly for this team to step it up and just when they needed a win, and just when they had the perfect opponent to come out strong against, they were royally effing it up.

When I made Cory change back, it was just so I could see for myself that the Sabres had officially lost and officially slipped down to at least 10th in the standings. Imagine my shock and confusion after 2 rather large vodka tonics and a half an episode of Futurama when the first thing I see when we turn back is Hank the Tank standing on the ice in "Let's do this" pre-overtime hanging around mode. I really thought Cory had effed up and we were watching the end of the Devil's game from 2 weeks ago. But, nope!

I was freaking out: "What the heck happened?" MK: "Did they take away a Tampa goal?" We were totally flabbergasted, Cory, as usual, showed little emotion.

Thomas Vanek, I guess you're going to be needing this:



Carry the team in sparkly style, Thomas. It looks like Millsey's:

Except, his has a tasssel and a leash for Pommerdoodle

Starting with great goal scoring, followed up with ballsy statements and then continued with even more TOTALLY AWESOME goal scoring, you, Thomas Vanek, are TOTALLY BAMF.

Millsey: Thanks for carrying the team for me tonight, my back gave out on Saturday

Britters: No problem, buddy.

Also, MAD props to TimmyHo, Roysie and Sissy for their outstanding play last night.

I was totally amazed at how quickly this team could regain my love. 5 minutes? Just when we really needed him, Britney kicked it into high gear. How many game winners have you put away? 5 so far this season? And our only 2 goals this past weekend?

You totally earned this:

Britney Roysie and Timmy were quite a trio last night, lookin' good boys! Keep it up!

(p.s. the "I heart Buffalo hockey" rally sweatshirt was brought out and it TOTALLY worked).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com