A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Game Day: Sabres at Bruins

by Anne

I think we need to have a team meeting.


Ok, boys: Boston tonight. And as you all know, Boston is currently hogging your spot in the playoffs. Yes, I know we're 1-3-0 against Boston this season (thanks again for that goal, Grizz!) but I still believe that we can rally the troops and come up big in this one! Yes, I know I have a cutesy nickname for their goaltender, but I can refrain from calling Timothy Thomas Jr. "TimTom" if you want me to. I know how that bothers you, Pommerdoodle.

So, how have your efforts at keeping team unity tight been? Max, how's the needlepoint coming on those letters for Yo-yo's jersey? Timmy! Those gatorade bottles filled yet? Great! See? Team Unity at its finest. Patches! Stop putting laxatives in Kalinin's protein shakes, he can see you. Petey! Stop styling your hair and sit down. Millsey, the crutches are a nice touch, but I don't think Savard is going to fall for it, good effort though. Staffy, no, you cannot melt their faces with your guitar, I'm sure that's against the rules. Roysie, those rocket launchers you had installed in your shoulder pads do make you look pretty bad-ass, I agree, you can keep those. All right team! Yeah!

Captain Yo-yo has yet to face Boston as a Captain, so let's give him a big win! Ok everyone! I gotta get back to work, lots of filing to do at the office so let's hear from Captain Yo-yo! Bye! Wooo! Go Sabres!

...............................ok can they hear me? No? ok, good.

In the words of S(h)ara, I'm feeling very fatalistic about tonight's game. Crucial divisional games where standings are so tight always make me nervous. One team I really wanted to win this week came up big and did win (woo Giants!), so does this mean that the Sabres will lose? Ack! Although, the Penguins lost last night, so there's two teams I only marginally care about that have covered the losing and winning ends of things. So I continue to be lost in this sea of confusion over tonight's game's outcome.
Totally random photo I've been trying to work into a post but I can't think of a way, so here it is:
Does anyone else feel it might be frowned upon to wear a kippah with a slug on it to shul?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com