A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day. Pie. Stuff

by Anne


Well hey there, folks.

So here's a recap of the latest from this weekend.

I spent the entire weekend doing one of the following:

1. reading
2. sleeping
3. eating
4. playing video games
5. moving stuff around the house with Dad Jim
6. watching all 3 X-Men movies

It was QUITE a weekend. I read an entire novel cover to cover on Saturday. It was quite a feat....ok in reality it was a novel meant for like 14 year olds but it was assigned reading! I swear! I'm in a Young Adult Lit class and we had to read it! I swear! It was good though, I enjoyed it a lot. I'm awesome. I also took Jarome out for a few spins... and for those who may not have read the previous post, Jarome is the name of my new car. I also bought him an air freshener that smells like oranges.

ALSO! ON SATURDAY!


This picture is completely adorable

I went to Wegman's, that HOTBED for local Buffalo celebrities and I was greeted in the produce section by the smiling face of one Mr. Daniel Paille and Fiancee. PIE! YAY! He really was all happy and smiley looking. He made some joke about green bananas to his lady. I couldn't see her for her reaction, but one can only assume she laughed uproariously at Pie's witty banana repartee. Awwww. He's not as tall as I thought he'd be. I mean, he's tall but I was expecting him to be more giant-like.

On the real important news: analyzing the future Mrs. Pie based solely on passing her a few times in the produce section. Some definite plusses from this observation. She is not the typical tanorexic blonde barbie that is so frequently loved up by our dear beloved Buffalo Sabres. Don't misunderstand me, Mrs. Pie was quite pretty and dark featured, but was shockingly NORMAL looking in a "she will probably age well and won't suddenly look like a leathery foot when she hits 50" kind of way. I approve, and clearly my approval is PARAMOUNT.

I also noted that I didn't encounter Pie in the prepared foods section where I normally encounter Sabres. This is probably because Pie has a ladylove that cooks for him OR he can cook for himself. Awwwwww. It was warm fuzzies all around in Wegman's on Saturday afternoon. Or was it Sunday? Wait. I'm confused. Actually, it was Sunday. I'm full of lies. Sunday afternoon at Wegman's with the Pies.

Um, yes, other than that.... S(h)ara has a Sabres-related encounter from this weekend as well, but I'll let her tell the story.

In other news:

Bryan McCabe is shipping off to Florida and it'll be announced today at 11:00 am. The state of Florida is LOADING UP with new older residents from colder climes.... hmmmm maybe the retirement community has had some effect on the way GMs in Florida are signing... there could be something in this... Buffalonians do love our "blue collar work ethic" types... although the Red Wings really like their Swedes and, (correct me if I'm wrong) I don't recall there being a HOTBED for Swedish immigrants in the Motor City... I'll look into it... ok no I won't.

I am not mentioning any of the following for the time being, because I think I'll wear out my keyboard trying to analyze all my thoughts:

  1. Jason Pominville's contract
  2. Mats Sundin's career
  3. Where in the world is Carmen San Diego?
  4. Sarah Palin's baby not baby but it is her baby and then her pregnant daughter
  5. Hurricane Gustav
  6. The fact that I have an 8 am class and I'm still not over it
Anyway, I hope everyone had a grand old Labor day.

IT'S SEPTEMBER WHICH MEANS ITS ALMOST TRAINING CAMP WHICH MEANS ITS ALMOST PRESEASON WHICH MEANS ITS ALMOST THE REGULAR SEASON AND I'M ACTUALLY STARTING TO GET EXCITED AND I RARELY GET EXCITED FOR THINGS MORE THAN 20 MINUTES OR SO BEFORE THEY HAPPEN! I WILL BE RELATIVELY INDIFFERENT ABOUT THE BIRTH OF MY FIRST CHILD UNTIL THE DOCTOR SAYS "PUSH"! WOOOOO!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, Wegmans! Not only is it the best supermarket on the planet, but you will constantly have encounters with A-list celebrities (well, Buffalo A-list celebs, but isn't that the best kind?)! What's not to love?

    Oh and I was so excited to change my calender to September and see that training camp is only about 18 days away! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I need to move to Wegmans. Tops is gross, barely livable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (well, Buffalo A-list celebs, but isn't that the best kind?)

    UM, ABSOLUTELY!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I need to move to Wegmans. Tops is gross, barely livable.

    AND I shopped with my Mom at Tops for YEARS and never saw a professional athlete.... that I'm aware of. Until about 1999 I couldn't name any Sabres on sight.

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com