A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Monday, November 10, 2008

Gentlemen, Please Look Away

by Anne

Ok, boys, seriously, you don't want to read this one, its just girly, spare yourselves and just look away.

LADIES:

In Anne's world, there is one surefire way to make any man look good. Well, to make them look good to ME anyway. That one surefire way is to put them in a suit that fits well. BUT, if you put a man in a three piece suit, subtract the coat and roll up the shirtsleeves and I'm completely overcome. I DON'T KNOW WHY, but for some reason there is no man on earth that does not look completely dreamy in this kind of ensemble.

Also, let's not lie, one of the perks of loving hockey is that some of the men who play this sport are pretty darn attractive.

SO COMBINE THE TWO?!?!





I. Just. WOO!

I know, I know, its the Rangers and Chris Drury, but lets try to put aside our differences and embrace the attractive attractive menfolk.

Sorry gentlemen, I know we ladies get all "Take us seriously as hockey bloggers, wah wah wah." and then I go and post something like this... it kind of undermines that but, hey, its my blog and I'll squeal if I want to.

Oh, and from Danny Paille's interview on Sabres.com:

What player on the current Sabres roster have you learned the most from and what did he teach you?

"Paul Gaustad. Since I’ve played with him in Rochester he’s taught me a lot on the penalty kill and every time things don’t go well he’s very positive. He’s taught me a lot on just how to play the game."

What television show are you embarrassed to admit that you watch?

"I watched one episode of Paris Hilton’s My New BFF. I thought it was horrible so I never watched that show again."

Oh, excuse me I just giggled a little and then laughed so hard I passed out. Danny Paille admits to the following: loving chocolate, having NKOTB on his iPod, and watching an episode of a Paris Hilton reality show. I'm pretty sure based on that criteria, Danny Paille is either a 15 year old girl or my best friend Adam.

Brilliant.

10 comments:

  1. The Wegmans in West Seneca already has the issue out. If anyone is out at Wegmans tonight you might want to look for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO! When she said she shot Henrik... Chris blah blah blah... hubby shouts... Yes! They shot them! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. BUT, if you put a man in a three piece suit, subtract the coat and roll up the shirtsleeves and I'm completely overcome.

    I have to say that I completely agree with you on this, I'm a sucker for a man in a suit and there's something so undeniably sexy about casual and dressy at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. BUT, if you put a man in a three piece suit, subtract the coat and roll up the shirtsleeves and I'm completely overcome.

    I have to say that I completely agree with you on this, I'm a sucker for a man in a suit and there's something so undeniably sexy about casual and dressy at the same time.


    Okay, so Kim beat me to it, BUT SERIOUSLY, I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE WHO BECAME A PUDDLE ON THE FLOOR, NO MATTER WHO THE GUY IS. I honestly believe that I could see Dany Heatley like that and find him attractive. And that, my friend, is a miracle in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Wegmans in West Seneca already has the issue out. If anyone is out at Wegmans tonight you might want to look for it.

    I will most likely be scouring magazine racks tomorrow on the day off. woo, school!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO! When she said she shot Henrik... Chris blah blah blah... hubby shouts... Yes! They shot them! LMAO!

    Hahahaha hubby is hilarious, :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to say that I completely agree with you on this, I'm a sucker for a man in a suit and there's something so undeniably sexy about casual and dressy at the same time.

    its like, hey baby, i wanted to get all gussied up for ya, but i decided if I didn't button everything up to tight it'd be easier for you take off. owwwwww!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I honestly believe that I could see Dany Heatley like that and find him attractive. And that, my friend, is a miracle in itself.

    Its too bad a good suit cannot make up for his face. Hahaha. srsly, i once left my apartment at like 9:00 pm in the middle of winter to make a totally unnecessary delivery to a rehearsal just because my roommate called me and this totally hot guy in the cast was wearing the vest and pants,sleeves rolled up combo. yummmmmmmm. too bad he's married now and wwwwwwaaaaayyyyyy into Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Heatley?!?!?!? Yikes!!! I hope he fixes his teeth soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Come and meet Daniel Paille at the Niagra Falls Kmart on 11/23/08 from 1-4PM! Everybody’s favorite Buffalo based professional hockey player will be signing autographs, meeting, and taking pictures with fans. Don’t miss this rare and exclusive opportunity to meet one of professional hockey’s favorite sons. Come early for special offers, chances to win great prizes and more….



    All at your local Kmart!



    Sunday 11/23/08 1-4PM

    Kmart

    2590 Military Rd

    Niagara Falls NY

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com