A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Always Leave The Lights On In My Car

by Anne

I really do. Like all the time. I got (almost) straight A's last semester, have a (supposedly, I don't know what the number is) high IQ and enjoy discussing Shakespeare in depth, but I cannot for the life of me remember to turn off the lights in my freakin' car. I think the last common sense problem tends to outweigh any of the other more academically related intelligences.

The Sabres had an intense practice at home yesterday before leaving for Chicago today to take on the Blackhawks. Patty Lalime will be starting in net against his former team. There are many ways you could look at the goaltending choice, but I support it. Miller has been on a string on starts, and needs the break. I know he's playing well, but the reason we signed Patty was because he was better than Thibault and more reliable. He's only gotten us 2 wins, but his game is better to watch than it sounds on paper. He's played well, but the rest of the team, for some reason, hasn't shown up to play in front of him. Hopefully that will change tomorrow night.

I'm a little disappointed that the Sabres first game against Soupy is in Chicago and not here in Buffalo. I'm not sure the reception Soupy would've gotten. I'm sure there are some that would boo, but he didn't really do or say anything to draw the ire of Sabres fans and resident Buffalonians, Chris Drury.

I'm currently about a quarter of the way through this book:



So far I'm enjoying it. There are a few sections that seem oddly out of place, but for the most part its a good read. I'm on page 60 and we've barely made it to 1973 so I'm not sure how close to the present this book is going to get. Its a good read with some interesting stories to share. The book comes with a CD that features audio interviews with some of the "Buffalo Greats" I haven't popped the CD into my computer yet to hear who those "Greats" are but I can only assume there will be interviews with some of the many many players interviewed already in the book.

I'll let y'all know how the rest of the book shakes out. Devils at Canucks tonight at 10:00! Wooo!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com