A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Saturday, January 31, 2009

PATTY!

by Anne

I'm sure you all knew this hours ago but I was napping. I was not aware PK was back in the line-up. I just saw him hit someone and I got so excited I went: "PATTY!!" and have now permanently scarred my sister's cat for the rest of his nine lives.

And then Patty lost a fight. Whoops. Its just happy times to see him back out there, sans neck brace. I had secret I-can't-say-them-out-loud fears that he was going to miss serious time.

Yay Patty!

Speaking of neck braces, did anyone see Denis Gauthier, Pat Kaleta's assailant, leave his feet to clobber Josh Georges with an elbow in Montreal this afternoon? It was definitely a nasty hit. I am not Denis Gauthier's biggest fan.

I'm loving these crazy Buffalo references that the Coyotes people are giving out, including Chippewa and giving the address for Gabriel's Gate. Good times.

1 comment:

  1. Funny thing, one of my really good friends and her fiance just recently moved to, and now live in Phoenix, and were at the game. Therefore, I made her promise to text me if Pat was out there during warmups, and I squealed with excitement in one of my patient's rooms... Thankfully, she was a Sabres fan and was excited as well. =]

    Oh, and while we're discussing hatred towards Gauthier, I saw some commercial with him in it saying "I'll punch you in the face" or something along those lines. I haven't been able to find it, but I really want to kill him...

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com