A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Back to Buffalo

by Anne

I've successfully completed my trip to see the Grandpa in Pennsylvania and am back in the B-lo.

It's really hard to blog about a team when you mostly want to cover your ears and squeeze your eyes shut and pretend they don't exist.

There are only five more home games and then I'll be rid of them until August/September at the least. That's almost five months of freedom from their crap. Woooo!

I've been a very bad blogger lately.

I have a job interview this morning I have to get ready for but I'd love to sit here and whine about hockey for a while.

Finally, the Canucks broke the latest trend of "Anne's favorite teams lose in regulation all the damn time" and won last night, defeating the Stas 5-2. They actually managed to get an empty net goal, which has been kind of a challenge for the Canucks this season. Woooo! Hanging onto that 5th place spot! Fourth would be even better.

The Kings lost 2-0 to the Blues and therefore were unable to complete the season sweep. Oh well.

I think I just need to bear down and actually return to the Sabres website and try to pay attention to the goings on with the team now that I'm back in Buffalo and not sick.

Ok, baby steps. Let's start with Miller and work our way up from there. I think Ryan Miller is about the only one whose interview I can listen to. Well of course I could listen to Sissy's shockingly blunt answers any day, he can be #2. I don't think I'll ever be ready for Craigory. He scares me a little. I adore him but he's a little too gritty for me when we're losing. Lindy? No way.

My friend's one moth old daughter looks like Jason Pominville. She's really cute so this is not an insult. I'd post a picture but that's creepy. Just trust me, its hilarious.

Panthers tonight at home. Ewwwwww. See ya'll later.

1 comment:

  1. My brother looks like Jason Pominville. True story. Then my stepdad looks like Tim Connolly.

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com