I'll leave the pithy post-game wrap up for Anne, but these are things that crossed my mind while watching tonight's game with my friend Katelyn.
- Am I the only person that really wants Max Afinogenov to succeed? Like, not majorly blow us away, but I really want him to get at least one more goal. I love the underdog, I can't help it.
- My love for Patrick LaLime could not get any bigger. I'm so glad that his averages are finally starting to reflect his skill as a goalie.
- Yes, Tim Connelly has a reputation here in Buffalo. Yes, he gets injured a lot, and I think he's pretty much held together with pipe cleaners and the prayers of children. But when Timmy is on, he's on. I've had to justify our signing him to three different people in less that 24 hours. Timmy, despite his well-documented love of women, can be a pretty bamf hockey player. I'm just saying.
- I've been in rehearsals for a show, or in a show since October. This is the first time in a long time that I've gotten to sit and enjoy two games in a row in the comfort of my own home.
- I can't help it, I really miss Kotalik.
- We are only two points behind Montreal right now, and they lost tonight. I HATE PLAYOFF MATH!
- Watching Wayne Gretzky drop f-bombs and get a minor bench penalty was pretty much one of the highlights of my night.
Tomorrow night I'm watching the game at Tully's with some awesome girls. I'm totally stoked about this, but I can't lie, I'm also totally stoked about the baked ziti.