Lindy Ruff was officially introduced as an associate coach for the 2010 Canadian Olympic team. Team Canada executive director, Steve Yzerman, introduced the coaching staff in Montreal. Mike Babcock of the Detroit Red Wings is the head coach and will work with Jacques Lemaire, Ken Hitchcock of the Columbus Blue Jackets and our very own Lindy Ruff. Each member of the team was introduced, presented with a jersey and spoke very briefly with the press. Lindy's comments probably excited Canadians, but gave pause to Sabres fans. He said something to the effect of "let's skip the season and get started."
Uhhhh... how about we don't?
Thursday, June 25, 2009
Glossary... Sort of
- "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
- Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
- Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
- Craigory - Craig Rivet
- Full Monty - Steve Montador
- Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
- JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
- Little Foot - Drew Stafford
- MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
- Noodles - Derek Whitmore
- Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
- Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
- Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
- Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
- Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist
We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.
anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com