A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Saturday, June 13, 2009

PITTSBURGH WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anne


I'm too tired to be coherent.

That game probably took a year off of my life. I was just sitting there pulling at my hair and covering my eyes and trying not to be sick at the end.

I like Sidney Crosby and I'm glad he's won his first Stanley Cup. Anyone would've been a fool to say that he wasn't going to win it at least once (or more) during his career.


Woooo!!!



Oh hey, whatcha got there, Staalsy?
It all changed with his short-handed goal.
No question.



I got a little choked up when they showed Billy w/ the cup
What a good guy
"Let's Go Daddy #13!"
Adorable

I really didn't think they would win. Things were really stacked against them. They hadn't won in Detroit the entire series. But I kept going back to November, to that OT victory. It can be done, they have won in Detroit in the past, and they did when it mattered most.

If they gave out the Conn Smythe just for Game 7, Marc-Andre Fleury would have that thing wrapped up. Also, the crossbar in the third period. Detroit came (literally) within inches of tying the game more than once. When that shot rang off the crossbar late in the game, I actually started to put my head down on the bar in despair before I realized it actually hadn't gone in. I don't think I breathed for the last 16 seconds of the game, certainly not during Lidstrom's last-second desperation shot and Flower's last second desperation save.

I did plenty of mocking of Marian Hossa when they showed him leaving the ice, but I have to say this was probably the worst possible way this season could've ended for him. Not only does he not win the Cup with the team he believed would give him the best shot at it, he lost to the very team he gave the proverbial middle finger to on July 1. Losing the Cup to Pittsburgh has probably flashed in his mind at least once since signing that contract and the sight of it probably will be burned in his memory forever.

My Staal shirt ends the playoffs 3-0.

I'm sorry our love affair will only last a few precious months. The Pens are just my hockey mistress team and the Sabres are my true loves. Its been an enjoyable affair, boys. I'll still love you.

And, with that, the 2008-2009 NHL season is over and we've crowned a new champion.

One last time:


LET'S GO PENS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com