By some cruel twist of fate, it is STILL pre-season. I'm not sure how but, trust me, it still is.
- The Canucks are 5-0 in the pre-season. On Monday night they jumped to an early 3-0 lead against the Flames only allow four unanswered Flames goals to trail 4-3 late in the third. Here's what happened: 10.2 seconds left - Six attackers for the Canucks. A Mason Raymond goal is disallowed because of an early whistle. Faceoff goes to the neutral zone. Game over, right?
- Daniel Sedin says NO:
He scored the tying goal with 0.2 seconds left
And THEN he scored the winning goal in the shootout
Curtis Glencross scored too.
Big Bear gets all emo with displeasure
- The Sabres sent 14 players to Portland. There were no surprises. Myers, Weber, Kennedy, Gerbe, Gragnani, Enroth all remain in camp.
- Speaking of the Sabres, they'll walk the red carpet tomorrow night before the game against the Maple Leafs where no one will buy anything and I'll have no money to show for my trouble.
- The Kings beat the Islanders in Kansas City on Tuesday night. Wayne Simmonds had a fantastic game. Two goals- one short-handed- and a nifty fight:
Simmer's intense fight-y face is obscured by some Ts
Trust me, it's intense and fight-y
- Sean O'Donnell earned himself a match penalty that will be reviewed by the league. Yeesh O'D.
- The Pens lost to the Maple Leafs. I didn't see much but I did see Gronk tangle with Mike Komisarek and lose. Two blonde giants that I enjoy, Gronk clearly more than Komi. Gronk had a lame-tastic shootout attempt. Eh, its ok. He was wearing an A though. :)
It wasn't pretty
I hope you're enjoying your time in Pittsburgh!
- I've joined my first fantasy hockey league. The reason I never joined before was because I couldn't come up with a good name. Problem solved! I decided that I needed someone to create it for me and if I laughed, I'd use it. Most of the team name generators are completely lame. Therefore I decided to go the anagram route and started tossing in combinations of my favorite players names. Behold:
Sunny Hedgehog Enchanters
Fear their wrath.
- I feel strongly that there were way too many pictures in this post.