I need to learn more about hockey, so that I don't have to keep asking Anne dumb hockey questions. (Like, does a short-handed goal still count as special teams? It does, in case you were wondering.) Anyway, fantasy hockey is helping me with that, and Harry Neale just ends up confusing me when he starts talking about rules the NHL needs to change. Although, judging from some of the tweets I read, he confuses a lot of people.
The mighty Saskatoon Topnotch Lemons are doing pretty well. We're in 5th place, currently, and since both Zetterberg and Henrik Sedin had hat tricks last night, the team owner is in a pretty good mood.
Anne has been helping me with the process of loving the Sharks. I mean, I already love Joe Thornton, so you wouldn't think it would be that hard. There is a part of me though that is starting love Edmonton a little bit. Just a little bit. It's a work in process.
In the meantime, San Jose is losing to the Blackhawks right now. Hey, Jumbo Joe! I need some more goals/assists, so pass the word on to Demers and Clowe. And just as I was typing that, you got an assist. Well done. You listen well. I'm proud of you, Grasshopper.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Glossary... Sort of
- "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
- Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
- Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
- Craigory - Craig Rivet
- Full Monty - Steve Montador
- Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
- JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
- Little Foot - Drew Stafford
- MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
- Noodles - Derek Whitmore
- Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
- Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
- Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
- Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
- Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist
We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.
anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com