I hope the Sabres just crinkle up Saturday's game and throw it away and never speak of that atrocity again.
- The Canucks won last night! They defeated the red-hot Colorado Avalanche 3-0. The Avs are ranked 30th in the league in shots taken per game, and that seemed to fell them. Andrew Raycroft earned a shutout, but he only had to make 18 saves.
That Kes, always sacrificing for the team
- Kesler had a heck of a game, as did Mason Raymond who appears to be 17 but is married? Bananas.
- Speaking of babies having babes: according to Sabres Edge, Jason Pominville and his wife welcomed a baby today or at least sometime in the last 24 - 48 hours! Baby Pommer! How adorable. Lindy put it best in his post-practice presser:
The reason Jason Pominville didn't skate today?
"The population of Pominville went up, so he had the day off," said coach Lindy Ruff, referring to a baby for Pominville and his wife.
Oh Lindy, you devil, you. Congrats Pommer and Mrs. Pommer who I think is named Kim!
- The Sunny Hedgehog Enchanters managed to hold onto first place in their fantasy league, despite having a bye week. Phew! We return to action tonight. Vinny Lecavalier and David Backes remain in the doghouse. I traded Phil Kessel. I might regret that down the line, but probably not. If this were a keeper league, I would've held on to him.
- The Kings are hosting a Fathers' trip for the game in Phoenix tonight. There are 16 dads on the trip. Interesting name tidbits: Davis Drewiske's dad's name is David. How confusing. Jack Johnson, whose full name is long and complicated is actually Jack Johnson III so Dad is also Jack Johnson. Teddy Purcell's dad is also Ted, Rob Scuderi's dad is Bob. I just love Randy Jones' dad's name: Butch Jones. His name sounds like he should be starring in a B-rate action movie as Rambo's arch-nemesis. There are four dads named Jim: Greene, Harrold, Smyth and Richardson. Wayne Simmonds' dad and Kopi's dad win for best names: Cyril and Matjaz, respectively. Hopefully there will be delightful anecdotes and photographs soon.
- The Bills are just terrible and the Steelers didn't play so football was a bust this weekend. The Vikings/Packers game was exciting but I don't care toooo much about that. I like Brett Favre, always have, but I just don't care too much.
- I used to really enjoy reading Joe Caligiuri's blog. He's a trainer for the Kings, and he offered some interesting insight into the world of the LA Kings. Unfortunately he seemed to offer too much insight and his blog has been shut down. Fortunately, Google Reader held onto these posts so I can still read them.
- The Kings play tonight in Phoenix, which means the game is at 9:00 instead of 10:00 or 10:30. Sweet