The Buffalo Sabres finished off their home and home (with three days in between) with the New York Islanders with a shutout victory of their own to match the one they suffered against the Islanders on Halloween
The Sabres won 3-0!
- Most impressively Derek Roy, Tim Kennedy and Clarke MacArthur were undefeated in the playoff circle, going 21-0. Royzie went 14-0. That is totally bonkers.
- All in all, the Sabres were 38-9 in the faceoff circle
- Royzie also scored his first goal of the season (thank the LORD)
- Therefore, Royzie was named the game's first star
- Ryan Miller got a REAL shutout, not a "Ryan Miller" Shutout (see glossary). He made 24 saves.
- Matty Ellis had 6 shots on goal, a team high.
- For some reason, Thomas Vanek only played 11:47 yet had two points (1+1). I hope he didn't get hurt
- Pat Kaleta decided it would be a good idea to take a totally bone-headed penalty and shove an Islander into Marty. Marty responded:
Boys, boys, boys
- Towards the end of the game, after Goose's goal was allowed, the Arena and all its inhabitants joined in a rousing chorus of "Sweet Caroline." It was fun
- I thought there was a Kings game tonight, but I was wrong. Sad, sad times
- The Sabres face the
Flames at home on Friday. IGGY!
Umm I looked a week too far ahead in the schedule and we actually play the Flyers on Friday. Thanks Anonymous poster! Of course I will leave this foxy picture of Iggy up here.