A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Look around and you will find...

By Anne

So. Now is the time in life when I look around the sports world to see what else it has to offer, as my favorite professional sports team of all time is not giving me the emotional support I need.

Two of my top 3 scored our goals, so I have that little comfort to keep me warm at night. That and my kitten.


I know! I'll just root for my #2 favorite hockey team! That's it! Look to the Pittsburgh Pengui- what do you mean Sid the Kid has a badly injured leg that's so swollen they can't even fully examine it and he has to have an MRI today?...Ok... don't panic. There's always MALKIN! You non-English speaking goal scorer Malkin! 2 goals and an assist last night!...in a shootout loss to the Caps. Ok, ok, Anne, don't panic. Football!

The Bills! Not in the playoffs. The Steelers! No. The Colts! No. Ok, so forget the AFC.

The Green Bay Pa- oh yeah, we covered that yesterday.

::taps fingers on the desk while thinking hard::

How are the Bandits playing these days?

So, John Tavares did break the NLL all-time scoring record!! 597 goals!! WOOHOOO!! Perhaps I shall become a huge lacrosse fan. It's like hockey only with more running and more goals scored. Sweet.

A Shoutout to Ovie for your 3 point (2+1) night, and for that shootout goal. I really love when you and Our Lord and Savior Sidney Crosby go head to head, but I suppose I'll have to wait for the next time to enjoy it. 2nd star, I say 1st!

Ovie, the only thing that keeps me from truly enjoying you is this:




BUT! Danny got back at you with this:




And that was in one of those games where the Caps were being slaughtered by the Sabres, so I suppose I can call it even.

I think the real reason I enjoy him is that Ovie beat out Sid the Kid for the Calder in 2006. Granted, the Kid won many awards the next year but THE NEXT ONE was beaten out by the new Alexander the Great (hats off to Alexander Mogilny) for the Rookie of the Year.


Sidenote, does anyone else think Gretzky is looking a little...um...pretty these days? He looks like he's hitting the Phoenix hair colorist's salons a little hard. And last night he was lookin' super tan. This picture is not from yeaterday's game.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com