A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Friday, February 29, 2008

I did it again!

by Anne

Dear Penguins fans:

I'm really really really sorry. I totally didn't mean to do it.

My injury curse has returned. No joking. The second I heard about the Pens giving up Army & Co. for Hossa and some other dude, I said: "Good plan, Pens, ship out 3 depth players for 1 superstar and another dude. It is a good trade...that is unless Hossa blows out his knee in the first game."

From NHL.com:
Dupuis was playing in his first game with Pittsburgh since being acquired from Atlanta at the trade deadline. Also coming to the Penguins in that deal was five-time All-Star Marian Hossa, but he lasted just 13 shifts before banging knees with Glen Murray in the second period and leaving the game.
I'm so sorry! I really didn't mean it! I was kidding! I know I'm still annoyed about how handily you've beaten us this season and the fact that you beat us in the Ice Bowl, but you're my #2 team! You know I didn't really mean for it to happen! It was just talk!

I legitimately feel in some way responsible. He'll be out about a week, they say, but who knows! He could slip and fall on the ice and then I'll never stop feeling guilty.

1 comment:

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com