A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Day 4 -or- How much longer does this go on?

by Anne

After last night:

MTL wins 3-2, leads series 2-0
DAL wins 5-2, leads series 2-0
DET wins 4-2, leads series 2-0

Yesterday was Daddy Maloy's birthday so my hockey viewing was intermittent. I watched some of the later games, and I was getting my hair cut during the Nashville/Detroit game.

Soooooo.... my thoughts about the games will be mere observations.

Anaheim/Dallas - apparently losing my love to the Calgary Flames and my WC official boyfriend being J-Rome instead of Getzy is detrimental to the Ducks. They actually scored their first 2 goals in the playoffs....in the 2nd game. Ouchies. Most people in Buffalo are over the 1999 Finals. We all still hate Brett Hull, though.

Detriot/Nashville - If Nashville didn't have a totally smokin' captain and J.P. Dumont, I wouldn't care about them at all.

Montreal / Boston- The NE Division match-up. I feel embarrassed for those who thought Boston would win any games. If Montreal doesn't sweep, I'll be SHOCKED. It's possible Boston could squeeze out a win at home, but highly unlikely. I keep saying "Just think! It could've been the Sabres!" but we definitely would've won and least 1 or 2 games, considering we actually beat Montreal at least two or three times this season. The same cannot be said for the B's.

I'll probably watch the Flyers @ Caps game this afternoon, but I won't really care that much. I don't want the Caps to win so much as I want the Flyers to lose. I'm sure Ovie and the Caps will get their run at the cup next season or the season after, they don't deserve it this season, but in coming seasons, I'm sure they'll be a better team. They did greatly improve with Bruce (Um, Jack Adams Award?) and Huet, but they're still not up there yet. Bruce had BETTER win the Jack Adams.

I'll probably watch one or both of the later games. I'll be more likely to watch Montreal @ Boston because the team I want to win is leading the series. New Jersey @ New York I probably won't because the team I want to win is losing the series. Side note, Sean Avery was on the TMZ "Star Catcher" celebrating his birthday. Wow. I guess the rest of New York's sports aren't doing much right now, so let's talk to the goon on the hooker's client list as he leaves a restaurant.

Day 5 starts at 2:00 Cookie Monster @ AO's House.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com