A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Friday, April 25, 2008

Game(s) 1 Round 1

by Anne

So the Habs squeaked by the Flyers in this one. Thank goodness. I'm not sure lil' Danny would've made it out of the Bell Centre alive. I can't believe how intensely he was booed. Ok, ok, if we had faced Philly in the playoffs this season, we more than likely would've booed him into next week....or next season...

It's a weird feeling cheering for a team I don't really care all that much about (The Habs) when they score a goal, and then looking down and realizing that they just beat Marty. He had no chance on that 2nd Montreal goal. :(

Detroit beat the Avs. Crap. I picked the Avs. JOSE?! Could you have waited to screw up until after this series? Granted, it's only been 1 game, and apparently you were sick? Ugh, whatev, I only wanted you win this round, I would've picked the Stars/Sharks over your team anyway. Thanks a ton. I know that there is some great playoff history between the Wings and the Avs, but I honestly could not possibly care less. Not even a little bit.

I should probably give one of those teams a chance to bowl me over with at least one totally smokin' player, but I just don't wanna. I mean, come on, the Avs average sexiness is so MAJORLY low, I'm not sure what can bring it back up. I mean, they have Ryan Smyth AND Peter Forsberg? Are they trying to make their female fans retch? Cuz, mission accomplished from this non-Avs fan. On the other side, I cannot possibly find a man attractive in a Red Wings uniform. GAH! They're so hard on the eyes. In this side-by-side comparison, the Avalanche win in a landslide. Their uniforms are at least pretty colors.

In other news, I'm sad to hear Gabby is injured with one of those "worn out hockey player after 82+ games" injuries. That could explain why my Superman posing studman was left with 1 singular assist in the Avs series.

Here's how NHL.com awkwardly describes his injury:


The Wild issued a brief news release that revealed Gaborik has a "hip deficiency attributable to overuse."

Ok, I'm just gonna let that one go. I think I made enough jokes off the blog about Timmy's hip injuries and bone spur to last a lifetime.

I always forget Gabby is from Slovakia. Just like I always forget Daniel Alfredsson is Swedish. Kind of like the time when I realized Cristobal Huet was a gen-u-wine Frenchman and not French Canadian. Blew my mind.

So Team USA meets in Maine today, where our new AHL affiliate will supposedly be come the '08-'09 season...Hey! Gerbenheimersmith, isn't Portland GREAT?! Don't you want to play there soooooooooooooon?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com