A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Thursday, May 29, 2008

THE PITTSBURGH PENGUINS ARE TOTALLY AWESOME

by Anne

Detroit v. Pittsburgh, Pens win 3-2, Detroit leads series 2-1.

THANK THE LORD!!!! They FINALLY played the kind of game we were expecting from this series! Is it just being at home? I don't know, but I'd really like this kind of play to continue through the next game and the one after that. Tie this thing at 2 games apiece heading back to the Joe and we've got a real series.


Do it for Ryan Whitney's POB


SID THE FREAKIN' KID! 2 goals!!!!! Adam Hall?!?!?! Just after I declared that you were more expendable than Army, I suppose you decided to prove me wrong. I am OK with that!

Ryan Malone has some strange total hold over me: his face is totally mashed up with bruises and cuts and an unruly red beard, yet in his post game interview, I was all a-swoonin' and making a first aid kid to drive down to Pittsburgh with and tend to his every wound and ache and pain and.... well, you get the idea. ANNIE'S COMIN, RY-RY!

I would like to say thank you to someone I have been heavily criticizing in their coverage of the NHL this season. I've been pretty unforgiving with each mistake and each misspeak. Your every gaffe has been fully exploited for my own amusement. But, I must change my tune, albeit temporarily. No, for the love of god, it's NOT Pierre McGuire, I might not even thank him if he performed lifesaving CPR on my cat. No, I'd like to thank NBC. Thank you, NBC. Thank you for proving to the world that Sidney Crosby does NOT like the media and doing all the interviews. He does it 'cuz he has to, but he doesn't like doing it. I KNEW IT. That's actually what's pushed me over the edge towards (sigh) admitting that I have a huge playoff crush on Sidney Crosby. Whatev.

Thank you also for giving me a 2nd intermission interview with Ovie!! I missed his wacky gap-toothed ways. I feel as though its been about 6 months since I last saw his shining face. Ah, Oviekins. Now, interview Jason Pominville for no good reason, and we'll totes be BFFL, NBC.




Private to Sidney Crosby:

Ok, I'm reluctantly falling more and more in love with you with each shift and shot on goal. At least for now. Next season it'll be over.

I like seeing this:



And this:




Please keep up this pace.

Love,
Anne



Private to Spike from Top Chef:

Sorry you're not going to Puerto Rico. Come to Buffalo, we can make out. A lot. It'll be great.

Love,
Anne



Private to Stephanie from Top Chef:

I'm not exaggerating when I say you were my favorite from the moment I saw you. No joke. And you totes lived up to my totally baseless choice. Gotta go with the gut instinct. After that episode I really want steak.

Love,
Anne



EDIT
Private to The Pensblog:


Thank you and whoever took it, for this picture:




Love,
Anne

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you are now embracing the SidLove, Anne! He has this funny way of drawing us in even when we don't want to like him.

    And ditto to the Spike message - I so wished Lisa went home instead! I am now pulling for Antonia; she was one of my favorites from early in the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm pulling for the pens too. detroit has won enough in the last 10 yrs!! http://mmafight.ca

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com