A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Boo-YA

by Anne

Word up. I can also connect to the internet with the same password thingy that I could use in Chicago. $7 well spent.

Umm if only I had something to say.... hmmmmm.

I really want some coffee. I love coffee.

Yesssss. There's a girl? boy? (I can't tell) wearing a Pominville t-shirt. I think its a girl. Word up, I'm back amongst my kind. There's a restaurant here called "Slapshotz" in the Detroit airport, the first hockey reference I've seen in Hockeytown, USA.

For a hot second I contemplated buying a Michigan State tshirt and then I realized that's totally ridiculous. This is the 2nd time in my whole life I've been in the state of Michigan, the first was Monday.

A woman next to me is on the phone and she's kind of freaking out about something. She apparently is enroute to some city, maybe Buffalo, for something that she just found out was cancelled. Whoops.

So I entered like October - the begninng of February into iCal and I'm noticing a lot more gaps of like 3 and 4 days than we had this past season. Is this all in my head? We have a few weeks of a game Saturday and then not again until Wednesday. There are some longer road trips that seem a little crazy but who am I to judge the NHL's scheduling brilliance? January once again has some lengthy time on the road. But we'll get to see some IGGY! I really do like that we play all the teams now. It just makes sense that way. Woop! The "at large" thing is kind of weird, but eh? I don't particularly care one way or the other.

Anyway, I have nothing of relevance to say other than I'm still excited about Pie and I'm glad to be heading back to Buffalo. Wooohoooo! See y'all in Buffalo right soon!

2 comments:

  1. I miss big fat burley big bear!!!! So will I see you at the Buffalo/Vancouver game?

    I'm afraid that Burley Bear maybe upset and sad at that game. I'm going to cheer for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will totally be at the Vancouver game... if I can get tickets without selling my first born. BIG BEAR! I still love him but my heart is over flowing with joy over Goose/Pie/Millsey, so I'm ok with it. YAY!

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com