A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

BUF-DET-CHI Day 1

by Anne

So I've arrived safely in Chicago and I'm currently sitting on my sister's bed using the slowest internet known to man kind.

I have pictures etc. to upload and stories of my flights to regale you all with, but those will have to wait until tonight.

Today I seek out the United Center where both the Blackhawks and the Bulls play. Unfortunately their store is only open on game days so I will have to be satisfied with photojournalistic evidence of my presence at the United Center. Maybe I should call this woman I know who is like Pat Kane's great great aunt by marriage. Maybe she can pull some strings. Yes? No? I'll let you know what happens.

Then I shall wander about that area, depending on how sketchy it is, and then meet MK at like 4:30 after her classes are over for dinner and some drinks, because they don't have class tomorrow morning. WOOOOOO!!! Wasted on a Tuesday. Gotta love vacation.

I'll let you all know how my intervention with the Blackhawks turns out.

Woo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com