A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Friday, October 10, 2008

A Few Thoughts About A TOTALLY RIGHTEOUS WIN Before I Fall Asleep On My Keyboard

by Anne

I got to see Vanek's goal and it was awesome. What control and presence of mind he showed on that play. That's what we pay him for.

Paille was on fire tonight, really throwing the body around and drawing a penalty.

Millsy was solid (that first goal was, errrrr....) but he got himself together and put up a great game, including a shoot out win.

Kotalik and Staffy, FTW!!! I got to watch the shootout from the Zamboni doors which was pretty SWEET, I cannot tell a lie.

Pommer's Player Tunes brought in a lovely selection of Kanye West and U2, with a splash of 50 cents "In Da Club". Jason Pominville, where were Les Cowboys Fringants? I'm a little disappointed, Pommerdoodle.


Game By the Numbers:

8: Thomas Vanek's shots on goal

53: Percent of face-offs Buffalo won.

100: Percent of face-offs Jason Pominville won

0: Number of goals scored on the PP by either team

4: Teppo's penalty minutes

0: Andrew Peters' penalty minutes


"Game Stats" and "Event Summary" on NHL.com have different totals for shots on goal. I have no idea who's right.


There were apparently A LOT of things going on at this moment



Weeeee! You had such a good game, Pie!!



Awwwwwww, you too Britters, that goal was pretty righteous



Happiness is a happy Ryan Miller

:)


I'll be mostly MIA this weekend as I'll be back in 1998 at my Grandpa's apartment in Pennsylvania. I'll be able to check my email and that's about it. Booooo. Grampy still has dial-up and I can't steal the internet anymore. Someone wised up and fixed their router so I can't mooch. Booooo!!!


SABRES WON!!! WE ARE THE BEST TEAM EVER!!!!! 2 POINTS!! YAHHHHH!! TIED FOR FIRST IN THE DIVISION!!!

Ok, maybe I'm getting a little ahead of myself.... Awww who am I kidding, I'm from Buffalo, ITS OUR WAY.

3 comments:

  1. 0: Andrew Peters' penalty minutes

    Hahahahahahah... I'm so proud of him!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8: Thomas Vanek's shots on goal
    I hope that he continues to listen to Lindy and shoot more often. The more shots he takes, the more they'll go in!

    I am totally jealous that you got to watch the shootout from the Zamboni doors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ryan Miller looks like he got caught in a paparazzi frenzy.

    YEAHHHH! BRITNEY FOR THE WIN!

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com