Ok, so I've clearly reached critical mass of boredom, I'm finally welcoming Paul Byron aboard the SS Buffalo FailShip.
Here is all the pertinent information I could Google or Wikipedia or Youtube about Paul Byron:
- Born April 27, 1989 in Ottawa (Booo and/or he and Royzie can swap hometown stories)
- Drafted by the Sabres in the 6th round, 179th overall in 2007
- Center, shoots left
- Played in Junior hockey for the Gatineau Olympiques
- This season he finished 4th in the entire QMJHL with 99 points (33+66) in 64 games
- He's a tad on the wee side (great, another one) at his latest physical it appears Pauly was 5'9" 165 lbs. I think when he was drafted he was 5'8" 135 lbs. I don't know about you, but those stats just scream "NHL" to me
- I thought I'd never find him on Facebook but we have 6 mutual friends so he popped up first when I searched his name. Phew?
- I found some strange quote about his bacteria-ridden, smelly equipment. Here's the link I laughed fairly hard when I read it - first because its totally random and second because I'm really tired. Apparently Paul's gear no longer being bacteria-filled and smelly is what lead the Olympiques to win the Memorial Cup or something
- He was the Boston Pizza CHL player of the week for the week of January 27, 2009. I'm sure this was his proudest achievement and I hope he got a golden pizza for his troubles
- Seriously, I'm sure Paul Byron is a great hockey player, but I really could handle reading an article about how beastly and huge and muscular a Sabres prospect is. I could do without reading another article about our tiny prospects. Whatevs, good on, ya Paul.
- According to that article, he seems to have been cut from like every team he has tried out for before Gatineau. Uhhh...?
- I'm just going to pretend he's the next Royzie and call it a day.
- You can listen to him do a smack-talk style radio ad for something called Greco's here