- I'm sure you all know about Dany Heatley so I won't talk about it... wait, I just did... ummm, moving on.
- Puck Drop 2009 was a total snoozefest. Why oh why would they invite fans to watch them do speed and agility tests for about THREE HOURS. It was so boring. Then players were super late for autographs. I'm not sure if they ever came because we gave up after 40 minutes and watched the rookies.
- The scrimmage today was tons more fun. Team White, (the vastly superior team because I chose to cheer for them) was winning 2-0 when I left and last I checked with Kate, the score was 5-2 White. In Grey's defense, they had only 3 NHL forwards and White had at least six. Gerbe scored on Miller on a nice breakaway. Keep it up, little dude! The other goal I saw was scored by Connolly.
- Stafford signed a contract as was announced just before he took the ice as part of the morning practice group. Wooo! It appears to be two years $4 million. Sounds good to me. I suppose I approve.
- Actually, that's less than I thought he'd get. I'm surprised he didn't get more in the $5 - $5.5 over those two seasons. Well done, Darcy.
- If you're an early bird you can watch practice at 7:30 and then a scrimmage at 9:30 tomorrow morning. Yikes. There's some golf tournament tomorrow so that's why they're practicing so wicked early.
- First pre-season game on Thursday! Woooooo!