See how it looks like a Twitter name?
Ha. ha.... okay. I'll stop.
Last night none of the teams I follow played. Tonight, three of them do. Awesome.
Tonight the Sabres take on yet another relatively unknown Western Conference opponent in the Nashville Predators. This is only the seventh time the Sabres have played in Nashville.
It's a little ridiculous to start looking at standings at stats but the Predators are 2-0 thusfar.
Neither the Sabres or Predators have scored a whole lot, over two game the Sabres only have three(!) goals. Ummm, anytime Roy, Pominville, Hecht, Stafford and the lot would like to start lighting the lamp, we'll be waiting with breathless anticipation.
When you can still hold the number of poins the vast majority of NHL teams has on one hand, it's too early to be looking at standings. I'm not even thinking about moving any of my standings magnets around until every team has played at least 10 games.
One interesting story about Nashville is Patric Hornqvist who was picked last overall by the Predators in 2005. Hornqvist is one of only 8 last picks to play at least one NHL game. At this writing, Hornqvist is tied with Preds Captain Jason Arnott for the team scoring lead with four points (2+2). Dead last over all in the same year as Sidney Crosby and before tonight's game, he actually has more points than Sid the Kid (2+1). That's pretty cool. Let's keep is point total at four.
- Do the Sabres know they're playing the SMASHVILLE Predators? *eye roll*
- The Kings play in St. Louis
- The Pens play in Toronto where I'm sure someone is going to get hurt. : /
- Will Myers play another solid game in road barn?
- J.P. Dumont was hurt last game and might not play tonight. Hornqvist has been filling in his spot while he's out
- I can't believe this is only game three
- Let's Go Buff-a-lo!
Oscar still hates hockey
It makes Mommy yell and then he can't sleep.