Guys I totally loved tonight's game (Well except for most of the 2nd and Miller flopping around like he was hurt) but I'm so blinking tired I can't even type in complete sentences.
Things to love:
- Tyler Myers first NHL goal on a seemingly harmless backhanded chipshot
- Grizz scoring on a penalty shot with some nice hands
- Goose beating the living snot out of Jackman for breathing in Miller's general direction (ok it was more than that)
- Pommer and Yoyo getting their first of the season
- Pommer getting the 100th goal of his career, the same night Myers gets his first
- Pie's nice move to the net that set up Patty's goal
- Chasing a goalie. That's one of my favorite things in hockey
Things to not love:
- Miller's brain fart on Tavares' goal
- Derek Roy in general
- The majority of the second period
- Miller getting shaken up a bit in the 3rd
Other pithy thoughts about the evening include that Lalime should start tomorrow night. I know Lindy likes to use Miller as often as possible but Lalime's got to get into some games soon. If he's going to start 15-20 games, that's an average of starting roughly every 4th or 5th game. Miller needs some rest. He's been playing really well but the season is too young to push him too far.
I'm so glad that they've really started lighting the lamp these last few games. Scoring four goals in three games was not exactly inspiring or exciting.
I can't get over the quote from the recap about the Sabres having the stingiest defense. They said similar things early last season, so let's not get ahead of ourselves. Of course last season there was no JBG:
They've never hugged a teammate quite so tall
A great photo that captures a rare moment. That brief second between when the puck crosses the goal line, before the light comes on, before referee, player or crowd has realized the player has scored:
Since the Stars lost tonight, once again the Sabres are the last team standing in the "Teams with no regulation losses ONLY" VIP area of the club.
Tomorrow the quest continues at home against Atlanta! There's totally no way they can keep this up, right?