A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Why, oh Why?

by Anne

I live in what I guess is the equivalent of the Bronze Age of cable TV. I have MSG and Versus, but do not have Center Ice. Therefore, I am at the mercy of the network programmers to determine which playoff series I will endure enjoy.

I can watch Game 1 of Pittsburgh v. Ottawa and Game 5. Games 2-4? Out of luck.

However, between Versus and NBC, I can watch ALL of Philly v. Washington. Great. I sort of like the Caps, and I wanted them to get in, but now that they are, I don't care as much. Can they beat Philly? I'm not sure, but I can't watch Danny Briere be a hero again.

Anyhow, it appears my first-round playoff loyalties will change wildly and hourly:



Wednesday April 9, 2008
Oooo, 2 divisional boyfriends playing in one night! Can my heart take it? Yes.

7:00 Pens for the CUP! Sid! Geno! Ryan!

10:00 Calgary Flames! JAROME, FTW!


Thursday April 10, 2008

7:00 Nashville or BUST! Go Jason Arnott...what? he's cute.

10:00 Go Ducks! RECLAIM YOUR CUP!
(Sorry, I know they're scummy, but I still like them a little)


Friday April 11, 2008
IF THESE TEAMS DON'T WIN IT ALL I'M NEVER WATCHING HOCKEY AGAIN!

7:00 Ovie for the Conn Smythe!

9:00 Go Wild!! Shovel that snow!


Saturday April 12, 2008

2:00 Maybe I'll switch things up and cheer for Detroit.... nahhhhhh.

7:00: Go Les Habitants! WIN IT ALL!


Sunday April 13, 2008

2:00 Go Caps, again?

7:00 Go Devils! BRODEUR THOSE RANGERS!
(Yes, to be "Brodeur'd" is now a verb)

10:00 Go Flames! Burn those Sharks!


Monday April 14, 2008
Ummmmm...

7:00 Go Nashville?
I never thought I'd dedicate so much energy to cheering for the Nashville Predators

10:00 Forget Gaborik! Go Forsbe- ugh, no way. Go Wild!


Tuesday April 15, 2008
ACK! I FORGOT TO FILE MY TAXES

7:00 Ugh, go caps...I guess, just don't let me see Jeff Carter's smug face if he scores a goal.

10:00 Again? I'll know more about the Minnesota Wild after this round than I ever dreamed was possible.


Wednesday April 16, 2008
This is getting ridiculous

7:00 Go Devils. woooooooooo.. Go Zach.
Woo, an early night


Thursday April 17, 2008

7:00 Good GOD, go Caps? I do NOT want to root for the Caps this much.

10:00 Go Flames! Wooo Jarome! I hope I care more then than I do now!


Friday April 18, 2008

7:30 I'm gonna go ahead and assume that if the Nashville/Detroit series isn't over yet, it's about to be

10:30 Go Ducks? Whatevskis, I'll say go STARS


Saturday April 19, 2008

1:00 I absolutely refuse to cheer for the Caps again

7:00 I'll be at a birthday party, but Go Pens!


Sunday April 20, 2008

TBD: I hope the Rangers get Brodeur'd and this series is already over

3:00 If Detroit hasn't already won, then they're just not trying

TBD: I hope Jarome has already eaten his Soup


Monday April 21, 2008
What do you mean we're still in the 1st Round? I'm exhausted.

TBD: I'm gonna go ahead and assume the Washington/ Philly series is over, and even if its not, I'm going to pretend it is.


Tuesday April 22, 2008
The Cup Finals are Here!!....wait, seriously, still Round 1?

Woooo! I can't watch any of the last games!

All of the series are probably over by now.



Good GOD, I got tired from switching loyalties just writing this. Fortunately, the teams are diminished by 1/2 each time so I'll be less schizophrenic. My sister had to convince me not to get Center Ice just to watch the Pens games.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com