A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Monday, October 6, 2008

Someone Talk Me Off the Ledge

By S(h)ara

You know what sucks more than getting a text that says the Sabres were shut out by Detroit? Getting two texts saying the Sabres were shut out.

I can't lie, my morale is in the toilet.

I know it's only the pre-season, and that last season we rocked during the pre-season and blew chunks during the regular season. (I feel like I used the word "season" entirely too many times in that last sentence, but I'm too lazy to fix it.) I consoled Anne only weeks ago with that same gem of wisdom. I, however, cannot be consoled. I have visions of my dear, beloved Sabres mired in last place of the Eastern Conference as those snotty Rangers and Senators gloat over their first and second place berths. The depression will set in, and I'll start feeling the way I did a few years ago--my team is destined to lose.

I need to get out of this funk. (No, not Mike Funk. The depressed kind of funk. Depressing-funk can't ice skate.) Mostly, I need my Sabres to win on Friday. Not just any win. Like, big, ten goals in one game, Vanek Hat Trick win.

Not even cute pictures of animals on their backs, exposing the adorably furry tummies can make me feel better. I know, this is a travesty.

I need my Sabre-love back. How can I survive in this cruel world without my hope that this year, my Sabres can do it? How, I ask you?

Meanwhile, I'm totally in the mood for Pizza.

2 comments:

  1. Pizza sounds good right about now.

    I'm trying to stay pretty positive for Friday. 'Blowing chunks' is a good way to describe the preseason, but I think they can get those kinks out before the opener in four days. Optimism!

    A Vanek hat trick would be a lovely thing to come home to after a Homecoming game, that's for sure...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pizza sounds good right about now.

    Not gonna lie, it was a pretty delicious pizza. Thank you, Bob and John's.

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com