A blog about the Buffalo Sabres

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Weekend Recap

by Anne

Ryan Fitzpatrick had a much better game than Trent Edwards has over the last few games.  Does this mean he should start? Goodness no. Neither of them should. The Bills actually won, though. At least if Fitz has to start next game he won't face the same vitriol Losman faced last season when he had to start for Edwards. No one expects anything from Fitzpatrick or from this team.

I missed my final game of the season on Saturday. There's little to no reason why I should miss any other games this season. Looks like I didn't miss a whole lot yesterday, just the Sabres usual level of suck against the Thrashers. Remember that time we beat them 10-1 in January of 2008? That was super fun. At least we were still the last team to lose in regulation.

Afinogenov scored an insurance goal that ensured the Thrashers 4-2 victory. Alas.


Not a sight we Sabres fans are used to seeing
A happy Afinogenov




A more familiar sight, Sabres goaltender crashed into while Tallinder looks helplessly on

I fell to 2nd in our fantasy league after narrowly losing to S(h)ara's Saskatoon Topnotch Lemons. Curses! My team's +/- really did me in, as was expected.

The Pens and Canucks won last night which is good. The Kings and Sabres lost which isn't good.

The Maple Leafs STILL haven't won a game. They now sit at 0-6-1. Really Leafs? Really? Phil Kessel is chillin' on IR in my fantasy team and I'm pretty sure I'm going to drop him or attempt to trade him. At this rate, I'm not sure that he'll be able to contribute to the Leafs this season. As I'm not in a keeper league, I might ditch him. My team seems to be doing ok without him. But, like any good GM, I don't want to just drop him. Maybe I can convince someone to take him...


Wooooo Kes!



Samuelsson scored and got to hug Big Bear, which part is better, really?

Lastly, the Sabres have posted one of those "Hey look! We have personalities!" locker room videos that we all so enjoy and they've done about one of over the last two seasons. TK is far more relaxed in this interview:



Next Sabres game Wednesday @ Florida.

Woooo!

2 comments:

  1. 1) Afinogenov looks demented.
    2) I can't believe the Maple Leafs haven't won. They should hang out with the Titans.
    3) There is nothing embarrassing about watching Ellen. It doesn't make me like Tallinder anymore though. Although I just remembered he scored that sweet-ass goal once in OT. Ok maybe I love him a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghostbusters? I mean, I know he was 4 at the time but really? Probably a good thing he doesn't watch horror movies?

    ReplyDelete

Glossary... Sort of

  • "Ryan Miller" Shutout - A 58 minute multi-goal shutout lead that is blown by Miller allowing one meaningless goal
  • Britney or SabreBritney - Thomas Vanek
  • Butter Snaps - Carolina Hurricanes
  • Craigory - Craig Rivet
  • Full Monty - Steve Montador
  • Greener - MATT Greene (LAK)
  • JBG - Jolly Blonde Giant - Tyler Myers
  • Little Foot - Drew Stafford
  • MK - Anne's sister; often leaves nonsensical comments under her Twitter name Mmmkizzle
  • Noodles - Derek Whitmore
  • Oscar - Anne's cat and STH's unofficial mascot
  • Parsley - Jimmy Bonneau
  • Sir Christopher - Chris Butler
  • Sissy - Jaroslav Spacek
  • Telly Monster - Mikael Tellqvist

Because It's Never not Funny


Disclaimer, yo.

Almost all of our pictures are borrowed from other sources. If they're yours and you don't want us to use them, just shoot us an email and we'll take them down.

We have nothing to do with the Buffalo Sabres, the National Hockey League or the actual "Sabretooth's House" located in HSBC Arena, we're just borrowing the name. If anyone is offended by anything we've written, get over it, it's a personal blog, not an accredited news source.

anniebeeswax [at] gmail [dot] com